[Paraview] Re: Displaying Hierarchical Structure/Components of objects displayed in Paraview

Olumide 50295 at web.de
Sat Feb 2 18:43:51 EST 2008

Olumide wrote:
> For example, I've created a sample PVD file containing two VTP files,
> and I wonder if its possible to show the two objects that the PVD file
> contains, and furthermore get listings of polygons, lines and vertexes
> in each VTP file, following the structure of the (XML) file.

Also, occasionally I'd like to turn on/off one of the VTP files (or the
objects its contains). I know the Paraview supports this for PVSM files
but I'd like to do this with PVD files, because I'd rather not write a
PVSM file (they're horrendously complicated :-) ).

PS:
In case I do need to write a PVSM file, I'd like to know if there's a
minimalist version that contains only specific stuff like while Paraview
defaults to the unset parameters. For example:

<ParaView>
   <ServerManagerState version="3.0.2">
     <ProxyCollection name="sources">
       <Item id="4456" name="Stuff.vtk"/>