[Paraview] Fluent / Ensight data on cluster

Jacques Papper jacques.papper at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 11:49:56 EST 2008

Hi,

I compiled Paraview for use in parallel.
I have an Ensight data set that has been output from fluent. I also have the
fluent .cas and .dat files (saved from a cluster run)
I would like to load the data using the best of paraview in parallel.
If I launch pvserver on 4 nodes and load the ensight data it seems that it
loads the data 4 times.

What would be the best / efficient way of using the parallel functionality ?
Is there a way of partitioning the ensight file ? Or setting up the reader
so that it partitions the data at the reading stage ? Or maybe is there a
Fluent reader that will load in the partitions from the .cas file ?

Jacques