[Paraview] [InfoVis] FW: vtkTree file problem with Paraview

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Tue Dec 2 13:33:59 EST 2008

> I sucessufully compiled all paraview/overview pakage, I included all the
> plug in...but when I try to open my vtkTree files it give me an error.
> It says it cant recognize the data type TREE.

The legacy reader for paraview/overview does not yet support VTK classes.

> I also tryed to create a plug in for vtkTreeReader....

Your reader plugin looks close to correct, and should appear in the
menu. Does your plugin appear in OverView under Tools -> Manage
Plugins ?
You can also try adding

  SERVER_MANAGER_SOURCES ${VTK_SOURCE_DIR}/IO/vtkTreeReader.h

to your ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN command. You can look at Plugins/Infovis
to see how other infovis readers are added to the list.

Jeff