[Paraview] Vis template by changing reader file names?

Jean Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Mon Aug 25 16:20:06 EDT 2008

On 25, Aug 2008 09:22 PM, Eric E. Monson <emonson at cs.duke.edu> wrote:

> (I also tried to change a source file name
>from the Python shell within ParaView, but at least with an Xdmf file,
>that always crashes ParaView when I'm driving...)

Hello Eric

Oh yes, what you describe appears to be a typical thing. I have tried
all the options you mentioned. The last one is the only reliable and
automated way I have found. I do change the reader's Filename from
inside the python shell. I use our own in-house readers and I do not
have the crashes you experience. So this should be a motivation for you
to try again. It ought to work fine.

I have it documented for our users in these notes.
https://www-users.cscs.ch/resources/hp/docs/PvPython.pdf

Some of it is specific to our servers, but the logic stays the same.
(see page 10-13)
--
Jean -- Swiss National Supercomputing Centre