[Paraview] vtkContourFilter generates two contours when requesting only one

Chris Cameron heyitschriscameron at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 10:49:00 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm using Paraview off cvs somewhere between 3.3 and the latest head.

I have an Image (Uniform Rectilinear Grid) of 334170 cells and 349600
points. I have a point Data Array called "Distance" which was obtained using
a surface reconstruction algorithm. I ran the Filters->Common->Contour on
the Image Data and asked for an Isosurface at value 0 for "Distance".

The output I get is both that contour that looks correct at distance 0, and
a second contour that is decidedly less accurate (very blocky looking) that
'wraps' the correct contour. In other cases I have had the opposite happen,
that is, the correct contour wraps the less accurate contour.

Is this the intended output? I expected to only receive one contour if I
only put in one value for Isosurface.

Thank You,

--
Chris Cameron