[Paraview] Two leaks from vtkPVPluginLoader.cxx

Takuya OSHIMA oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Sun Aug 24 22:50:49 EDT 2008

Hi,

This time I got two leaks from vtkPVPluginLoader.cxx. What is attached
below is the log from Apple's leaks tool. I guess the first one occurs
because the if-block at lines 97-100 prevents the allocated string to
be released when this->SetFileName(0) is called in the destructor. The
second one is because the string allocated by vtkSetStringMacro(Error)
is not released at the destruction of the object. Just guesses and not
confirmed, though.

Regards,
Takuya

Takuya OSHIMA, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University
8050 Ikarashi-Ninocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata, 950-2181, JAPAN

Leak: 0x1be7cc80  size=96       string '/Users/ohshima/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/lib
/darwinIntelDPOpt/paraview/libPV3FoamReader_SM.dylib'
        Call stack: [thread 0xa00d1fa0]: | 0x2 | start | main | pqMain::Run(QApp
lication&, pqProcessModuleGUIHelper*) | vtkProcessModuleGUIHelper::Run(vtkPVOpti
ons*) | vtkProcessModule::Start(int, char**) | vtkProcessModule::StartClient(int
, char**) | pqProcessModuleGUIHelper::RunGUIStart(int, char**, int, int) | pqPro
cessModuleGUIHelper::preAppExec(int, char**, int, int) | pqPluginManager::loadEx
tensions(pqServer*) | pqPluginManager::loadExtensions(QString const&, pqServer*)
 | pqPluginManager::loadExtension(pqServer*, QString const&, QString*) | pqPlugi
nManager::loadServerExtension(pqServer*, QString const&, QString&) | vtkPVPlugin
Loader::SetFileName(char const*) | operator new[](unsigned long) | operator new(
unsigned long) | malloc | malloc_zone_malloc
Leak: 0x1be7e2f0  size=32       string 'This is not a ParaView plugin.'
        Call stack: [thread 0xa00d1fa0]: | 0x2 | start | main | pqMain::Run(QApp
lication&, pqProcessModuleGUIHelper*) | vtkProcessModuleGUIHelper::Run(vtkPVOpti
ons*) | vtkProcessModule::Start(int, char**) | vtkProcessModule::StartClient(int
, char**) | pqProcessModuleGUIHelper::RunGUIStart(int, char**, int, int) | pqPro
cessModuleGUIHelper::preAppExec(int, char**, int, int) | pqPluginManager::loadEx
tensions(pqServer*) | pqPluginManager::loadExtensions(QString const&, pqServer*)
 | pqPluginManager::loadExtension(pqServer*, QString const&, QString*) | pqPlugi
nManager::loadServerExtension(pqServer*, QString const&, QString&) | vtkPVPlugin
Loader::SetFileName(char const*) | vtkPVPluginLoader::SetError(char const*) | op