[Paraview] CVS not installing pvpython

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Fri Aug 15 09:07:48 EDT 2008

How are you creating this package? First creating an installation with the
default paths and then moving them? It looks like, by modifying one CMake
file, you can have ParaView generate the right sort of build AND set the
right forwarding path without worrying about RPATHs. In
CMake/ParaViewCommon.cmake, the forwarding path seems to be set here:
IF(NOT PV_INSTALL_LIB_DIR)
  SET(PV_INSTALL_LIB_DIR
${PV_INSTALL_ROOT}/lib/paraview-${PARAVIEW_VERSION})
ENDIF(NOT PV_INSTALL_LIB_DIR)

It sound like, if you change that to

IF(NOT PV_INSTALL_LIB_DIR)
  SET(PV_INSTALL_LIB_DIR
${PV_INSTALL_ROOT}/lib/paraview-${PARAVIEW_VERSION})-mpi
ENDIF(NOT PV_INSTALL_LIB_DIR)

everything should work. Of course, take my word with a pinch of salt since I
am only a novice when it comes to writing CMake files.

-berk