[Paraview] camera commands hang in python script

Jean Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Mon Aug 4 09:19:35 EDT 2008

Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
> Ah ok. Yea, 3.2's GUI python shell had issues with camera. We were not
> using python interpretors/threads correctly, which resulted in
> callback deadlocks. It should be fixed in CVS.
>
> Utkarsh
>
> Iain Bethune wrote:
>>> camera.Elevation(45.0)   <--- HANGS HERE

Sorry for dusting off an old problem, but I realise today that I cannot
get demo2() or demo4() working from servermanager.py

The command camera.Elevation(45) does not hang, but it returns an error:

  File
"/local/apps/ParaView3Build/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/paraview/servermanager.py",
line 1803, in demo4
    c.Elevation(95)
AttributeError: Elevation

I am using paraview cvs.

What this problem completely resolved? did I miss a hint?
--
Jean