[Paraview] how to utilize warp vector filter?

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Wed Apr 16 22:20:59 EDT 2008

Julian,

I'm not sure if I understood your problem correctly, but some advices
could be given:

You said >> When I load my unstructured grid data set, neither the
Normals Generation filter nor the Warp (vector) filter is available

a). I guess your mesh only has volumetric elements (prisms, tetrahedra,
hexahedra, etc...). If so, just apply the "extract surface" filter
first. It will create the external surface elements, after that, you'll
be able to use the "normal generation" filter.

b). Have you supplied the displacement vector (otherwise, you will not
be able to apply the warp (vector) since you don't have any vectorial
variable to use)

c). Magnification: the warp filters (scalar or vector) have a scale
factor parameter which lets you control the level of exaggeration. If
you use the displacement vector to warp your cylinder, I guess you'll
get the effect you want.

I hope it helps you in anything

Regards

Renato N. Elias
Researcher - http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias
High Performance Computing Center - NACAD
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro - UFRJ
Rio de Janeiro Brazil