[Paraview] LSDyna reader

David C Thompson dcthomp at sandia.gov
Mon Apr 14 17:09:46 EDT 2008

> i am having some trouble with the LSDyna reader in both VTK and ParaView 3.
> well not exactly trouble; but for SOLID elements the Effective Plastic strain
> variable that the
> LSDyna documentation says is ALWAYS written out for the SOLID elements is not
> read.
Sorry, that was an oversight on my part.

> i've tried adding a cell array etc in the appropriate spots (where i see the
> 'stress' array added) etc ; but i must be missing something because i can't
> get it to work correctly.
I've committed a fix to VTK that works for me from ParaView with one of
the LSDyna examples. If you either update to the CVS trunk or add this
line:
    p->AddCellArray( vtkLSDynaReader::SOLID, LS_ARRAYNAME_EPSTRAIN, 1, 1 );
just after a similar line for LS_ARRAYNAME_STRESS (line 3194 of the
trunk), it should be available. Please let me know if it doesn't work
for you.

	David