[Paraview] Nfaced cell representation problem

Bolsover, Alex (UK) Alex.Bolsover at baesystems.com
Wed Apr 9 05:01:48 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm using EnSight gold files that have nfaced cells in them (effectively
polyhedrons). Unfortunately they don't display correctly when I try to
view the wireframe or the surface with edges. Instead of the actual
faces the shape has (and that are defined in the EnSight file) it
instead shows the edges of the tetrahedrons it has tessellated into the
space. For the purpose I'm trying to use it for it's important that I'm
able to see the original mesh.

As far as I can see paraview represents an nfaced object as a
vtkConvexPointSet, effectively just a cloud of points ignoring all data
about which points correspond to which faces. Is there any way to get
around this and get back to the original shape?

-Alex