[Paraview] How can I read the DICOM data as a volume (not on a slice-by-slice basis)?

amayt tyamamayt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 19:16:04 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I'd like to read a DICOM volume data (a set of slice files) in ParaView.

All the DICOM files representing the 2D slice information were
converted into the raw data using a free dicom converter, dicom2
(http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ#How_can_I_read_DICOM_files_.3F).
 Then, each of converted images were successfully read by ParaView,
however I don't know how to read the data as a volume (not on a
slice-by-slice basis).

I'd appreciate any suggestions and help.

Thank you,

amayt