[Paraview] can't "group datasets"

Server Levent Yilmaz leventyilmaz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 18:28:29 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have two vti files, each with a bunch of scalar data which I am trying to
combine with Group Datasets filter.  After  Group Dataset filter, the
"Display>Color By" list either has only the scalars in one of the combined
files, or nothing at all (other than Cell Normals).

Other than this, all is fine (data sets appear combined) in
"Information>Data Arrays" display, or as inputs to filters such as
Threshold. Indeed, my final objective is to Threshold with a point data in
one of the files and Color By a point data in the other. And I am unable to
accomplish this with Group Datasets. I am using Paraview 3.2.1 on ia32_64 on
Linux. The two vti files are here
<http://miyav.ath.cx/t_/groupdatasets.tgz>if you like to give it a
try.

thanks many,