[Paraview] How to save an image sequence in Paraview?

Enkelejda Tafaj lejda at gmx.de
Mon Apr 7 13:30:10 EDT 2008

Hi,

if you load a sequence of image data in ParaView 3.x and you want to
save it as a sequence after doing some operations on it, Paraview
Writers do not allow writing a sequence.

Per default they expect that the user types in a file name which will
call the SetFileName -method of the respective vtk writer class, but
there is no possibility to set a file prefix and pattern.

I tried to writer my own plugin for a tiff Writer, but i did not succeed
  (server xml file is given at the end of message). Does anyone know a
how to enable the writing of image sequences?

Thank you for your help.
Enkelejda

TIFFWriter.xml
==========================
<ServerManagerConfiguration>
   <ProxyGroup name="writers">
    <WriterProxy name="MyTIFFWriter"
                 class="vtkTIFFWriter"
                 label="TIFF Writer">
      <InputProperty name="Input" command="SetInputConnection">
         <ProxyGroupDomain name="groups">
           <Group name="sources"/>
           <Group name="filters"/>
         </ProxyGroupDomain>
         <DataTypeDomain name="input_type" composite_data_supported="0">
           <DataType value="vtkImageData"/>
         </DataTypeDomain>
       </InputProperty>
       <Hints>
         <Property name="Input" show="0"/>
         <Property name="FilePrefix" show="0"/>
         <Property name="FilePattern" show="1"/>
         <Property name="Compression" show="1"/>
	<Property name="FileDimensionality" show="1"/>
       </Hints>

      <StringVectorProperty
         name="FilePrefix"
         command="SetFilePrefix"
         number_of_elements="1"
         default_values="def_">
        <FileListDomain name="files"/>
        <Documentation>
          File Prefix
        </Documentation>
      </StringVectorProperty>

      <StringVectorProperty
         name="FilePattern"
         command="SetFilePattern"
         number_of_elements="1"
         default_values="%s%04d.tif">
         <Documentation>
           File Pattern
         </Documentation>
      </StringVectorProperty>

       <IntVectorProperty
         name="FileDimensionality"
         command="SetFileDimensionality"
         number_of_elements="1"
         default_values="2">
        <EnumerationDomain name="enum">
          <Entry value="2" text="2"/>
          <Entry value="3" text="3"/>
        </EnumerationDomain>
        <Documentation>
          This property indicates whether the file(s) in this dataset
contain slices (2D) or volumes (3D).
        </Documentation>
      </IntVectorProperty>

      <IntVectorProperty