[Paraview] Bug 0006714: pvbatch requires X server

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Apr 4 18:24:19 EDT 2008

Hi Kent,

Attached is patch. With this patch (and OSMesa build) I could do:

mpirun -np 2 ./bin/pvbatch --use-offscreen-rendering  /tmp/foo.py

on a machine with no X. I still get the  "bad X server connection." from
the OpenGLExtensionManager -- which I guess you fix using Pat's
suggestions. However, in spite of the error message, things should work
fine.

Let me know if this patch works, if so, I'll commit it to the CVS.

Utkarsh