[Paraview] camera commands hang in python script

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Apr 4 09:32:14 EDT 2008

Ah ok. Yea, 3.2's GUI python shell had issues with camera. We were not
using python interpretors/threads correctly, which resulted in callback
deadlocks. It should be fixed in CVS.

Utkarsh

Iain Bethune wrote:
> 3.2.1, not the CVS version.
>
> --
> Iain Bethune
> Applications Consultant, EPCC
>
> Email: ibethune at epcc.ed.ac.uk
> Tel/Fax: +44 (0)131 650 5201/6555
> Addr: 2404 JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ
>
> The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,
> with registration number SC005336.

>>> reader.FilePrefix =
>>> "Z:\\hpcx\\tera\\visualisation\\test_data\\32x32x32"
>>> reader.DataExtent = [0, 31, 0, 31, 0, 31]
>>> reader.DataScalarType = 10
>>>
>>> # Read the file
>>>
>>> view = servermanager.CreateRenderView()
>>> rep = servermanager.CreateRepresentation(reader, view)
>>>
>>> # Set up how to draw the data
>>>
>>> ai =
>>> reader.GetDataInformation().GetPointDataInformation().GetArray
>>> Information(0)
>>> lt = servermanager.rendering.PVLookupTable()
>>> rep.LookupTable = lt
>>> rep.ColorAttributeType = 0
>>> rep.ColorArrayName = "ImageFile"
>>> lt.RGBPoints = [ai.GetComponentRange(0)[0], 0, 0, 1,
>>> ai.GetComponentRange(0)[1], 1, 0, 0]
>>> lt.ColorSpace = 1
>>>
>>> # Draw
>>>
>>> print "Setup, now rendering..."
>>> print time.clock()
>>>

>>> view.StillRender()
>>> view.ResetCamera()
>>> camera = view.GetActiveCamera()
>>> camera.Elevation(45.0)   <--- HANGS HERE