[Paraview] OS X and paraview window

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 21:43:39 EDT 2008

On Apr 3, 2008, at 4:32 PM, clinton at elemtech.com wrote:
> On Thursday 03 April 2008 1:36:33 pm Mike Jackson wrote:
>> Someone (me) should file a bug on that.. If some one can tell me
>> where that value is being read in the source code, I'll make a patch
>> to sanity check the value versus the actual screen bounds.
>

> pqSettings.cxx line 65.
> Just check the numbers read in with the geometry of the
> QDesktopWidget.
>
> Clint

I am working on a patch to sanity check the setting when I noticed
the following in the constructor of pqSettings:

pqSettings::pqSettings(
     const QString& organization,
     const QString& application,
     QObject* p) :
   QSettings(QSettings::IniFormat, QSettings::UserScope,
organization, application, p)
{
}

The part that bothers me is the QSettings::IniFormat. Shouldn't that
be QSettings::NativeFormat Instead? At least on OS X I would really
like to see my ParaView prefs stored where I would expect them to be
stored, in my Preferences folder. Hunting in .config is not
particularly "Mac like".

Are there any issues with making this change? or at least putting in
a #ifdef Q_WS_MAC so that the more Mac like thing happens on OS X?

Thanks
Mike

PS. I just need to test the multiple monitor code before I send a patch.