[Paraview] Paraview client. Passing a variable from the program that is used to start the server back to Paraview client.

Jefferson Thomas foramuyou at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 04:59:54 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I have a Paraview client on Windows and a Paraview server program on
some other Linux machine. Both versions 3.2.1. I have written a small
windows program that starts remotely the Paraview server on Linux. The
program returns the port number the server was stared on (because many
people will use that system, the ports must be generated each time a
server starts). I would like to use that program as a command in
Paraview client server manager window. But I dont know how a program
can give back the port value it found to the Paraview client. From the
webpage http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Server_Configuration I know how
Paraview client can give a variable TO the program (by using the
<Option> tag). But how can it be done the other way ? How can I tell
Paraview to take some variable from the executed program ?

Thank you for any help,

Thomas