[Paraview] Paraview 3.1.0 - ensight gold problem

SamuelKey samuelkey at comcast.net
Sun Sep 30 13:32:28 EDT 2007

Greetings Adrian,

I use an EnSight Gold format with "parts," unstructured grids, multiple
element types.

Is Temperature point or cell data for the hex8 elements?

Is Temperature point or cell data for the quad4 elements?

In my experience, each "part" is a separate displayable object. While
the nodal points appear "unique" to each "part" in the ParaView data
set, the nodal points have the exact same coordinates since the quad4
are overlaying the hex8 surface (at least, in my data sets they would).

With quad4's overlaying the hex8 surface being coincident, I think you
may seeing a visual competition between the display from each part?

Regards,

Sam Key