[Paraview] Problems compiling ParaView

Pascal Anschau pascal at pascal-anschau.de
Thu Sep 27 08:54:15 EDT 2007

There was no more error message! I posted the last 6 lines. Anyway, it
is working now. I tried it the not parallel way, but this didn't work
either. In the end I completely removed the source tree and started from
scratch, and it worked. However, I had to put into CMake all possible
openMPI library links, even the ones with .so.0 ending. Seemes a bit
tedious to me... Beside this and the plain "make" I did the same as
before, and it worked well.
The only drawback after installation is, that ParaView can't find lots
of libraries, even if I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH pointing to the right
locations. In the end I just copied all libraries into /usr/local/lib64,
and that works. Not very elegant though...

Thanks anyway for the quick response!

Pascal.