[Paraview] Re: use paraview-python module

Fabian Braennstroem f.braennstroem at gmx.de
Thu Sep 20 17:22:22 EDT 2007

Hi,
me again.
I just read the python user guide from the wiki and found
the explanation, how to adjust the PYTHONPATH, but
with my binary installation of 3.0 or 3.1 there are no such
files!? Is it the problem of the binaries?
Due to those missing files, I obviously have trouble load
the needed modules, e.g. 'from paraview import servermanager':

node1~$ pvpython
Python 2.5 (release25-maint, Dec  9 2006, 14:12:17)
[GCC 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-20)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more
information.
>>> from paraview import servermanager
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name servermanager

Is there a way to get it running with a precompiled paraview
version? I have some trouble to compile paraview from
source, due to the missing qt4 libraries on my redhat 4.3
system...

Regards!
Fabian