[Paraview] MultiGroup Dataset and Pick Filter

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 09:06:52 EDT 2007

I have a multiGroup data set that consists of 2 Unstructured grids.
The first Group is the data and the second group is basically a
bounding box. This is a time based data set of which I have written a
custom reader module. The problem that I am facing is that after I
load the data set then use the "Extract Dataset" to extract the real
data I no longer have access to the "Pick" filter. If I load up an
older "UnstructuredGrid" data set then I have access to the "Pick"
filter.

The various things that I have tried are: Use the "DataAnalysis
(Probe/Pick)" but the just crashes ParaView. I tried using the
"Convert to Simple Dataset" and that also crashed ParaView. I tried
"Convert to cell Data" and Convert to Point Data. I tried Extract
Surface, Extract Edges. Both worked but didn't get me any closer.

I guess I could just write my own filter to extract the first group
and explicitly return an UnstructuredGrid but that seems a bit like
over kill.

This is on ParaView 2.6.1 on Both OS X 10.4.10 and Windows XP
(VS2003.net).

Any Advice is greatly appreciated.

--
Mike Jackson