[Paraview] Representation input change does not work.

Milan Frank milan.frank at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 12:08:46 EDT 2007

Hi everybody,

I am experimenting with the new Python interface (via pvpython). I am trying
to change the input of a representation. It seems it does not work.
Following code should first show:

   - A "shrinked" sphere - OK,
   - A solid cone - Wrong, "shrinked" cone instead.

I can not redirect the input of the representation but the input of the
shrink filter can be changed. Is this an expected behavior?

The example:

    sphere = pvsm.sources.SphereSource()
    cone = pvsm.sources.ConeSource()
    shrink = pvsm.filters.ShrinkFilter()

    shrink.Input = sphere

    view = pvsm.CreateRenderView()
    rep = pvsm.CreateRepresentation(shrink, view)
    view.ResetCamera()

    for i in range(100):
      view.StillRender()

    shrink.Input = cone
    rep.Input = cone

    for i in range(100):
      view.StillRender()

Any suggestions will be most appreciated. It is crucial for my work to be
able to do the redirection ...

Thanks,
Milan.