[Paraview] ParaView w/ Python 2.5

Manuzhai manuzhai at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 06:00:56 EDT 2007

Hi there,

For what's going to be a fairly big project, I was looking for a good
visualization solution. ParaView looks very promising, but I'd really
like to use it from Python. Since our applications are already moving
to Python 2.5 and the compiled Python bindings seem to require 2.4, I
was wondering if Python 2.5 was supported at all. I'm not wary of
compiling ParaView myself, although I don't really have Visual Studo
(and at the moment I'm not ready to purchase it, though I could
certainly get a Dev Express version or whatever they're called at the
moment). I have mingw already installed, but I gather from the wiki
that the ParaView build process doesn't support it. How hard would it
be to get that working?

Thanks for any answers you might be able to give me.

Cheers,

Manuzhai