[Paraview] Structured Grid Blanking and Scalar Ranges

Sean Ziegeler seanzig at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 6 11:57:09 EDT 2007

I'm working on a new reader that creates a vtkStructuredGrid and sets
the point visibility array for invalid values.  It works fine, except
that it doesn't affect the scalar ranges.  Looking at the code, I can
see that vtkPVArrayInformation does indeed not take the blanking array
into account for structured grids.  It also looks like changing that
behavior would be involved, as it processes each scalar array without
regard to its respective containing data set, so I'm not going to worry
about that just yet.

Is there some other way to set the scalar range manually?

Preferably in such a way that the manual range is maintained when passed
through filters, but that's probably a bit much to ask.

I'm working with 3.1.0 right now, but I'm willing to switch to head if
necessary.

Thanks,
Sean