[Paraview] paraview

Alexander Jarosch ajarosch at eos.ubc.ca
Wed Oct 24 16:50:06 EDT 2007

Hi Sirou,

I had the same problem some time ago. The first part is not a real problem:

libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x25
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x27
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x29
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2b
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2d
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2f
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x31

This stuff only means that your graphic card driver for X and the kernel module for DRI have a sight problem. I update my drivers quite often, along with the kernel and this sometimes happens and sometimes not. But this is not causing your problem. The thing is:

X Error of failed request:  GLXBadContext
 Major opcode of failed request:  144 (GLX)
 Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
 Serial number of failed request:  26385

indicates that your Mesa Library is not supporting OSMESA, the off screen rendering part of mesa, which is used by paraview to save your screenshot. I compiled my mesa again with OSMESA and than compiled paraview to use that. What linux are you using?

Alex