[Paraview] [PV3-CVS] client x server with Ensight SOS

rnelias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Wed Oct 10 12:38:22 EDT 2007

*.SOS I love this extension. It sounds so proper in my case... ;o)

Problem report:

I'm trying to load an Ensight SOS file which points to other 4 case files.
PV-3.3.x got from CVS today compiled in both sides (Pentium-4 Windows x64 /
SGI Altix 450 Suse). Offscreen rendering provided by SGI Mesa library.
Conection is fine (4 mpi processes, reverse connection --> 1 windows
client). The weirdness is that some datasets are successfully loaded while
others simply freezes my client (all of them written by exactly the same
routines). No error messages are printed anywhere. PV just sits there and do
nothing. When I kill my pvserver an error message is written in the client's
output

ERROR: In
..\..\..\ParaView3\Servers\ServerManager\vtkSMArraySelectionInformationHelpe
r.cxx, line 79
vtkSMArraySelectionInformationHelper (10872B88): Error getting array
settings from server.

My guess is that pvserver is getting lost with the number of files in my
working directory (which is not so many ... 4 + 4 x 450 x 2 = 3600 files).

Another suspect: does PV load all time steps before producing the first
rendering? In this case, I'll need to wait until something happen.

Recycling this messsage, just a last question:

-- Where do I turn the volume rendering on in PV-3.3.x? It used stay in the
"Display Style\Representation"

Regards

Renato N. Elias