[Paraview] Intuitive Transform Filter

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Oct 9 11:26:35 EDT 2007

Look at Server/Filters/vtkPVTrackballMoveActor.* (it's present even in
the ParaView 3 repository).

The code relies on vtkCameraManipulatorGUIHelper to locate the "active
source" and then move it to some position. In PV3 we haven't implemented
this helper (in Paraview 2.6 there's vtkPVCameraManipulatorGUIHelper).
We'll have to create one which uses the GUI knowledge about which source
is currently active etc etc to provide the implementation for the
interface.

As I look at the interface of vtkCameraManipulatorGUIHelper, I think it
can be improved to be able to pick the active source based on the
location of mouse down. Then the GUI (read Qt) specific knowledge about
which is the current source will no longer be needed. However, we'll
still need to provide an implementation for the
vtkCameraManipulatorGUIHelper at the server manager level since this
class is not aware of proxies and does not know how to change the
properties of a proxy.

Utkarsh