[Paraview] Learning PV internals helped by the PV-GUI and python

Sylvester Gerardson sylvester.gerardson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 06:36:09 EST 2007

Jordi,

Your Dump.py script looks like a tool that could be really useful to me.
However, when using the script with PV3.2.0 (with several sources and
filters created) I only get the output listed below (and which doesn't even
run).
Do you know what am I doing wrong?

Thanks you.

Regards,
Sylvester

#!/usr/local/bin/pvpython
#                                                    <script>.py
import paraview
if     paraview.ActiveConnection == None : CONSOLE = True
else                                     : CONSOLE = False
if CONSOLE:                                           # init Conn and
RenderM
  paraview.ActiveConnection = paraview.Connect()
  renderM = paraview.CreateRenderWindow()
else:
  renders = paraview.pyProxyManager().GetProxiesInGroup("multirendermodule",

paraview.ActiveConnection)
  renderM = renders.values()[0].GetRenderModules()[0]

if CONSOLE:
  renderM.ResetCamera()
  renderM.StillRender()
  raw_input("Enter to finish")