[Paraview] 3.2.1 Client-Server Render Errors and Crash

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Wed Nov 28 17:21:29 EST 2007

This looks like bug #4368 that I first reported for 2.4.4.

When operating in client-server mode, and the server is rendering, there are
rendering errors. Plus, when I try to set the center-of-rotation, the server
crashes. Neither problem occurs when rendering on the client.

I've attached an image generated by File->Screenshot which matches what is seen
on the screen. The crash messages are below. I saved the core dump.

To reproduce the problem I load the vtu file and display its outer surface.
This surface is modest with 38712 cells and 19106 points. Next I turn off the
display of the center-of-rotation, zoom in and out, and the rendering problem
occurs. Finally I try to set the center-of-rotation to a point on the
badly-rendered surface and the server crashes.

This, for us, is a serious problem as we and one of our users display this type
of data often.

TIA!
Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center

=========  Client

i686
Fedora Core 6
g++ 4.1.2
cmake 2.4.6
Qt-4.2.2
Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 driver 100.14.11
ParaView 3.2.1 compiled from source

=========  Server

x86_64
CentOS release 5
g++ 4.1.1
cmake 2.4.6
Qt-4.2.2
Mesa 7.0.1
ParaView 3.2.1 compiled from source

$ pvserver -rc --client-host=harpo.psc.edu --use-offscreen-rendering

Connected to client
ERROR: In
/usr/local/packages/paraview/3.2/src/Servers/Common/vtkProcessModule.cxx, line 1001
vtkProcessModule (0x10954530): Object type: vtkPVDesktopDeliveryServer, could
not find requested method: "SetCaptureZBuffer"
or the method was called with incorrect arguments.

while processing
Message 0 = Invoke
   Argument 0 = id_value {102}
   Argument 1 = string_value {SetCaptureZBuffer}
   Argument 2 = int32_value {1}