[Paraview] paraview on multiple displays

Christian Wohlschlager Christian.Wohlschlager at jku.at
Tue Nov 27 02:01:51 EST 2007

** Reply Requested When Convenient **

Dear Paraviewers !

I been using Paraview  2.6 quite often on a curved screen with 3 displays in stereo.
I have been using:mpirun -np 1   pvclient -crs --stereo "cave.pvx"
and :mpirun -np 3 pvserver "cave.pvx"
cave.pvx:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<pvx>

  <Process Type="client"/>

  <Process Type="server">

   <Machine Name="prism_d1"
            Environment="DISPLAY=:0.0"
            LowerLeft= "-2.0 -0.5 -2.0"
            LowerRight="-0.8 -0.5 -2.0"
            UpperLeft= "-2.0  0.5 -2.0" />
   <Machine Name="prism_d2"
            Environment="DISPLAY=:0.1"
            LowerLeft= "-1.0 -0.5 -2.0"
            LowerRight= "0.2 -0.5 -2.0"
            UpperLeft= "-1.0  0.5 -2.0" />
   <Machine Name="prism_d3"
            Environment="DISPLAY=:0.2"
            LowerLeft= "0.0 -0.5 -2.0"
            LowerRight="1.2 -0.5 -2.0"
            UpperLeft= "0.0  0.5 -2.0" />

  </Process>
</pvx>

but this wont work in 3.X versions no more , every time i try to connect to a server with the connect option i only can connect to data and render server and it says: cannot connect to any render server .
can anybody tell me what is the cause ?

thank you

christian