[Paraview] Animations with multiple .pvts files

Walter Landry walter at geodynamics.org
Mon Nov 26 19:40:09 EST 2007

Greetings,

I have a number of pvts (and associated vts) files numbered

fields.00000.pvts
fields.00010.pvts
fields.00020.pvts

I can read them in individually, but I can not, for the life of me,
figure out how to animate them with the 3.2.1 Linux binary.  I try to
select them all in the file open dialog, but I only end up getting one
of the files (fields.00000.pvts).  Then, in the Animation Inspector,
the only options I am given for "Property to Animate" is Cell Arrays
and Point Arrays.

I was able to animate with the 2.6.1 release because it automatically
figured out that there were multiple time steps.  With 3.0.2, it is
mostly the same as 3.2.1 except I now get an option of "File Name" in
"Property to Animate".  Selecting that does not give me anything,
though.  If I add a keyframe, then trying to run the animation crashes
the 3.0.2 executable.  I don't know if it matters, but multiple
timesteps will not fit in memory.

I feel like I am missing some really basic step.

Thanks,
Walter Landry
walter at geodynamics.org