[Paraview] Multi-Block in 3.2.1

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Nov 21 13:55:12 EST 2007

This is not a bug. It is a change in direction. We are moving towards
vtk native multi-block datasets instead of simulating multi-block with
multiple outputs and multiple parallel pipelines. The pvd reader now
outputs a vtkMultiBlockDataSet. The stream tracer should work with
this dataset although possibly somewhat more slowly. I have been
meaning to write an append filter that can take all blocks of a
multi-block dataset and append them to an unstructured grid but I
didn't get around to it yet. If you are interested in writing such a
filter, I can give you pointers.

-berk