[Paraview] Testing Plugins Modules with CTest

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Wed Nov 14 15:17:21 EST 2007

On Wednesday 14 November 2007 1:09:12 pm Robert Maynard wrote:
> I have developed a large amount of Paraview Filters that I need to know
> test. What is the proper way to setup ctest to find these plugins, compile
> the plugins (can ctest even setup ccmake?) and than run a Paraview xml test

There are currently a couple python based tests that do this.
See line 238 in ParaView3/Applications/Client/CMakeLists.txt
The downside is the python script has the names of the plugins and loads them
manually in the test.  That might be fine to test the ability to load them
manually.

But in general, I think a better approach would be to make a test driver that
set the PV_PLUGIN_PATH variable.  There might be a way to call ctest and have
it do that for us.

Clint