[Paraview] Record Test Guidelines?

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Wed Nov 14 10:40:59 EST 2007

On Wednesday 14 November 2007 8:23:11 am Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
> Thank you Clint your response is very useful, as usual.
>
> On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 07:37 -0700, Clinton Stimpson wrote:
> > We do use xml files to make the server connections before reading the
> > xml file containing the test.  See the xml.in files in the
> > Applications/Client/Testing/Cxx/ directory.  Which means the tests
> > should be independent of what the server connection will be.
>
> If I understand these files they make different types of manual
> connections, but do not run the server. Something else must run the
> server.

When CMake's ADD_TEST() is called to add the tests depending on server
connections, it invokes the pvTestDriver, which in turn starts up the
server(s), then starts up the client.  The client runs those xml files to
make the connection to the server(s).  You may have seen pvTestDirver when
you ran ctest with the -V option.

[snip]

> The Test file is attached.

Thanks.  I've attached it to the bug report.

Clint