[Paraview] Xdmf version verification & animation

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Nov 8 17:24:54 EST 2007

Hello Eric,

Your code is probably fine. The transition is not yet complete, but we
(Kitware and ARL) are working toward updating VTK and ParaView support for
XDMF as part of the ParaView 3.4 development effort.

This is a summary of the state of  XDMF in ParaView 3.2:
* The writer writes files in the original XDMF format. It has not yet been
rewritten to take advantage of the new features in the new XDMF.
* The reader partially supports the new XDMF format. It is not yet capable
of producing deep tree structures, and instead collapses them to a single
level.
* Temporal support and Parameter support have been temporarily removed from
XDMF and thus ParaView. We plan to add them back, but until then you will
have to shoehorn them in as you have suggested.

cheers,
Dave DeMarle

Kitware and ARL will be improving the XDMF reader and writer in the next
release.