[Paraview] PV 3.2 Link errors under OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Wed Nov 7 12:10:20 EST 2007

It appears to be a cmake bug in version 2.4.?, and it also appears to already
be fixed in CVS cmake.

So possible workarounds are:
- Set your BUILD_TYPE to Release
- Get a newer cmake (I don't know when it was fixed).
- others ??

If you're curious, this demonstrates the problem
 === CMakeLists.txt =====
ADD_LIBRARY(A a.c)
ADD_LIBRARY(Ad a.c)

ADD_LIBRARY(B b.c)
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(B debug Ad optimized A)
# if building shared libs, cmake correctly links B with -lAd OR -lA

ADD_EXECUTABLE(C c.c)
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(C B)
# cmake incorrectly set C to link with "-lB -lAd -lA" if build type is Debug
# cmake correctly set C to link with "-lB -lA" if build type is Release

Clint