[Paraview] Trouble making stream traces

David C Thompson dcthomp at sandia.gov
Wed May 30 14:55:46 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 12:39 -0600, John Fettig wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 18:06 +0000, David C Thompson wrote:
> > There is a 9-node quad, thanks to Soeren Gebbert:
> > http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkBiQuadraticQuad.html
>
> This is definitely good news -- does it have support in paraview, and if
> so, how do I determine what element type (integer) to output from my
> code?
vtkCellType.h shows the element types
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/VTK/Filtering/vtkCellType.h?rev=1.5&root=ParaView3&view=auto
vtkBiQuadraticQuad is 28. It should work properly in ParaView. If the
default tetrahedralization used for rendering is too coarse you can use
the "Tessellate" filter to get a better approximation to the real
quadratic geometry and scalar fields.

	David