[Paraview] Extract Parts

Gregory D Abram gabra at us.ibm.com
Wed May 23 11:51:38 EDT 2007

I'm using the reader that is included in OpenFOAM v. 1.4.  Didn't know
there was one provided with PV; I'll try it.

Thanks,

Greg

"Berk Geveci" <berk.geveci at kitware.com>
05/23/2007 11:34 AM

Gregory D Abram/Watson/IBM at IBMUS
cc
ParaView at paraview.org
Subject
Re: [Paraview] Extract Parts

Hi Greg,

It sounds like the reader is producing multiple outputs to simulate
multiple blocks. As of 2.6, this behavior was deprecated and was
replaced with native multi-block datasets (yes, we are behind OpenDX
in multi-block support by quite a few years). Multi-block (composite)
datasets are discussed in the November 2006 issue of Kitware Source
(http://www.kitware.com/products/newsletter.html) in more detail.
Which reader are you using? The OpenFOAM reader that is in ParaView
2.6 does produce multi-block output so it should work properly.

-berk

On 5/23/07, Gregory D Abram <gabra at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to resurrect some work I did some time ago using ParaView to
view
> OpenFOAM data.  I'm getting the error that "Input port 0 of algorithm
> vtkDistributedStreamTracer has 4 connections but is not repeatable.   I
> believe that, when I used PV 2.4.4, I used Extract Parts to get past
this
> problem, but I don't see it in my new build of 2.6.1.  I see it in the
2.4.4
> Filters.xml, but not 2.6.1's.  Has this gone away?  Is there an
alternative?

> Greg

 Berk Geveci
 Kitware Inc.