[Paraview] Building on VS 2005

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Mon May 14 17:15:46 EDT 2007

Hi Mike,

I am not a Windows person but I heard from someone that it is no
longer possible to simply distributed the MS runtime libs. It has
something to do with manifest files or something.  You have to do
something more or install some runtime stuff from Microsoft. I know my
answer is vague :-) I didn't use VS 2005 yet. I am still building with
2003. You may want to ask it to the cmake mailing list.

-berk

On 5/14/07, Mike Jackson <imikejackson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently started using VS 2005 Professional (up from VS 2003 .Net)
> and when I compile ParaView (2.4.4) using the "INSTALL" project from
> within the VS 2005 solution file everything seems to build and does
> get copied to the install location but I noticed that the MS C and C++
> runtime libs are no longer copied into the intsall location. Is this a
> bug somewhere? Has anyone else noticed this? I used to be able to
> right click on the "INSTALL" project, let it run to completion, then
> simply copy the Paraview 2.4.4 folder onto a  server for other people
> to use. Now I am not sure what else needs to be copied.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Mike Jackson
> imikejackson _at_ gee-mail dot com