[Paraview] Compiling ParaView 3 on Mac OS X (PowerPC)

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Fri May 11 09:48:53 EDT 2007

On May 11, 2007, at 7:08 AM, Bernhard Gschaider wrote:

>     c> QT4_WRAP_CPP is defined in CMake's FindQt4.cmake file, and the
>     c> macro doesn't get defined until qmake is found.  Set the
>     c> QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE variable to "/your/path/to/qt4/bin/qmake"
>     c> You said you are using Trolltech's DMG install?  I've used that
>     c> too.
>
> Stupid question again: I've installed the most recent Version I could
> get (4.2.3) and everything EXCEPT the QtUiTools go into the
> /Library/Frameworks-hierarchy. And that is the part I have the
> problems described below with. Could it be an error in the
> Qt-distribution?
>
>>> Thanks. It was a stupid typo to the path of qmake. Now
>>> everything compiles OK until at 90% (after a lot of the
>>> QT-stuff was successfully compiled) it says:
>>>
>>> [90%] Building CXX object QT/Core/CMakeFiles/pqCore.dir/
>>> pqFormBuilder.o
>>> /Library/Frameworks/QTCore.framework/Headers/qglobal.h:606:
>>> error: template with C linkage
>
>     CS> That's a problem with the Qt headers.  You can change
>     CS> pqFormBuilder.h from #include <QtUiTools/QUiLoader> to
>     CS> #include <QUiLoader>
>
> That Change didn't fix it (QUiLoader was not found because the only
> place where it is found on the harddisk is
> /usr/include/QtUiTools/QUiLoader). As I said above: I suspect the
> distribution. Which one did you use?

You'll need that change anyway to build eventually.
You may find the CMake patch found on this bug report useful so
QtUiTools will be found correctly.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=4554&pos=10

For now, you'll have to set them manually.
QT_QTUITOOLS_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/usr/include/QtUiTools
QT_QTUITOOLS_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/libQtUiTools.a
QT_QTUITOOLS_LIBRARY_RELEASE:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/libQtUiTools.a

These problems don't come up if one does their own build & install of
Qt.  Only with the binary distribution, and I dislike how they've
done it.   Files scattered in different places. Some under /Library/
Frameworks, some under /usr/include & /usr/lib, some under /usr/local/
Qt4.2.  So CMake has difficulty in finding all the stuff.  CMake
relies on qmake to tell it where everything is, and nothing qmake can
tell you will point you to the QtUiTools stuff (it can tell you where
the stuff is if you do your own build of Qt).

Clint