[Paraview] Compiling ParaView 3 on Mac OS X (PowerPC)

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Thu May 10 10:29:50 EDT 2007

We don't have good instructions for building ParaView 3.0 yet. These
should work:

* Download Qt 4.2.2
* Compile and install it (no changes to configuration is necessary)
* Follow the regular cmake process to build paraview
   - Make sure to set QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE to point to qmake in the Qt
installlation (under bin/ somewhere)

I set the following cmake parameters when building ParaView 3 binaries
for Intel:
PARAVIEW_TESTING_WITH_PYTHON:BOOL=OFF
QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/opt/qt-4.2.2-framework/bin/qmake
PARAVIEW_ENABLE_PYTHON:BOOL=ON
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Release
VTK_USE_RPATH:BOOL=ON

-berk

On 5/10/07, Bernhard Gschaider <Bernhard.Gschaider at unileoben.ac.at> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Because there is no binary for Darwin/PowerPC I'm trying to recompile
> ParaView3. Has anybody here already done this and give me some
> tips. For instance on
>
> http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:FAQ#How_do_I_compile_ParaView_for_Mac_OS_X.3F
>
> it says to turn off VTK_USE_CARBON and use VTK_USE_X instead, but
> there is no option VTK_USE_X anyway (and I think this is obsolete
> because now it uses QT, right?).
>
> Speaking of the QT. Which version should I use. Currently I'm trying
> to compile it with the OpenDSource-Version I downloaded from Trolltech
> (the DMG) but ccmake complains in VTK/GUISupport/Qt/CMakeList.txt it
> has an unknown CMake command: QT4_WRAP_CPP. Is this a QT or a CMake
> problem.
>
> Thanks

 Berk Geveci
 Kitware Inc.