[Paraview] paraview3beta: isosurface coloring and transparency

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Tue May 8 15:17:19 EDT 2007

Ouch! That is some seriously complicated geometry! I think you are
running into the limitations of the depth-peeling algorithm that is
used to render transparent geometry. You can try to increase some of
these limits by recompiling ParaView. In the source code, you have to
edit VTK/Rendering/vtkRenderer.cxx and change MaximumNumberOfPeels on
line 119 to something higher, maybe 10-20. However, this will reduce
rendering speed because each peel roughly corresponds to 1 render.

-berk

--
 Berk Geveci
 Kitware Inc.