FW: [Paraview] building paraview3 beta with openmpi?

W. Bryan Smith bryan at ncmir.ucsd.edu
Mon May 7 16:26:20 EDT 2007

ok, got this to work, now i see 4 pvserver-real processes,
and one paraview-real process.  when i use the default
settings for sphere and then process id scalars, i see the
sphere with 4 colors, as expected.

however, when i try to increase the theta resolution, i am
no longer able to see the sphere, and in its place, i see a
little portion of the paraview window (i.e. rather than the
sphere in the view window, i see a small part of the left-
hand frame of the paraview window).  is this because i
have to use offscreen rendering when running paraview3
in parallel mode on a single, multi-cpu machine?  or is
there something else i have mucked up here?

thanks,
bryan