[Paraview] Extending Broken in 2.6.0

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Mon May 7 09:41:09 EDT 2007

Bikash Agarwal wrote:
 > The "SetInput" method was used in PV 2.4. "SetInputConnection" is used
 > in PV 2.6.
 > -bikash

Thanks for the suggestion!

But now I am confused on two counts (at least).

First, the error message says it was looking for "SetInput" not
"SetInputConnection".

Second, I thought the name of this routine was arbitrary. The new filter's xml
for the server manager reads (in part):

<ServerManagerConfiguration>
    <ProxyGroup name="filters">
       <SourceProxy name="Cloud" class="vtkCloud">
          <InputProperty name="Input" command="SetInput">
          ... more

Since the command is "SetInput" and the C++ class' method is "SetInput" I would
have thought that was all there was to it. Is that wrong?

Thanks again!
Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center