[Paraview] Scripts, keyframes, and stored camera positions

Bonnie Smithson bonnie.smithson at otismed.com
Tue Mar 27 19:46:04 EST 2007

I am trying to write a script that will save off a series of views of data
as .jpg files.

I tried a keyframe for this, and that would work very well, except for the
fact that it doesn't preserve the camera view when it saves the frames off.
Instead it zooms in so far that I can't see anything but a few very close
polygons.

So then I tried the stored camera positions.  And again, it lets me save the
orientations, but when I click on a camera position, it zooms in way too
far.  If the first thing I do after pressing one of the stored camera
positions is to scroll out, it does seem to have the objects in the proper
orientation.

Is there a way other than Alt-PrintScreen to get a view of the not just the
view pane of Paraview, but of the display pane for a selected object which
shows the translation, scale, orientation, origin, and opacity?

I read in this list how to access the currently selected object, but is
there a way to select the first item in the selection window, and then the
next item or second item?

- Bonnie