[Paraview] How can ICE-T composite translucent rendered images

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Mar 13 15:23:58 EST 2007

In the case of volume rendering or translucent polygons, ParaView
redistributes the data to ensure a proper visibility ordering and then
IceT performs an ordered compositing.  We've recently published a paper
on how it all works:

Kenneth Moreland, Lisa Avila, and Lee Ann Fisk. "Parallel Unstructured
Volume Rendering in ParaView." In Visualization and Data Analysis 2007,
Proceedings of SPIE-IS&T Electronic Imaging, pg. 64950F-1-12, January
2007.

You can get a copy of the paper from here:

http://www.cs.unm.edu/~kmorel/documents/ParallelVolumeRenderingInParaVie
w.pdf

-Ken