[Paraview] using kw(vtktemp??) in scripts

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Mon Mar 12 16:53:23 EST 2007

Hi folks,

Doesn anyone could tell me how those kw(vtktemp) variables are created in PV
scripts? I'd like to use it to create a script but I have no clue how to do
it. Basically the script must do something like:

- Open some datasets;
- Apply a filter;
- Save the output dataset created by the filter.

I can already open the datasets and save them (including the transient
data), but I don't know how to select and pass them to the filter since I
don't know which kw(vtktemp) I have to refer.

I've been doing like the following pseudo-code

#
#
for {set i 0} {$i < $NumberOfProcesses } {incr i} {
    set mytmp <--- point to the file to be read
}

#
# Applying the filter
#
$kw(vtkTemp1078) SetSelectState $mytmp 1  <--- HERE IS MY PROBLEM SINCE I
CAN ONLY SELECT THE LAST $mytmp

#
# Saving the resulting file
#
for {set i 1} {$i < NumberOfTimeSteps} {incr i} {
    $kw(vtkTemp2) WriteVTKFile $FullPath 0
}

Thanks for any help.

Renato N. Elias
PhD student, http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias
High Performance Computing Center (NACAD)
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil