[Paraview] Xyz files - wrong reader

Jean Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Fri Mar 9 02:42:05 EST 2007

Scott, W Alan wrote:

> I have a user that wants to open up an XMol .xyz format file.  It
> keeps being opened by the wrong reader - the Plot3d reader.  I have
> tried to force the reader, using the Open file/ "Files of type"
> pulldown, selecting the "XMol Molecule Files" and I still get the
> wrong reader.  Is there a fix for this?  Is this a bug?

I am the original contributor. At this point, I would say don't bother.
Once loaded, you will be disappointed with what ParaVview can offer for
*molecular* visualization.
I would instead encourage you to look at another open-source
contribution we have recently developed, and that is completely
dedicated to molecular sciences. And if it matters, *yes*, there's VTK
technology under the hood. :-)

give it a try:

http://www.cscs.ch/molekel