[Paraview] ParaView3

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Tue Mar 6 19:03:07 EST 2007

On Saturday 06 January 2007 4:16 pm, Andrew Maclean wrote:
> I have just had a brief look at ParaView3 (It is NICE!!!).
>
> Is is possible to incorporate vtkParticleReader into the list of readers
> for the next alpha release? If not how can I do it myself? In the earlier
> versions of ParaView you could write an XML interface.
>
> Will Delaunay3D also be added as a filter?
>

> Finally ... how can I add in sources like the vtkParametricBoy where you
> need to access parameters in vtkParametricFunction and also
> vtkParametricFunctionSource in order to build it. I haven't been able to
> easily do this in the older versions either - the restriction was that you
> could have only one object in the interface construction for ParaView.
>

> Andrew

See the http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Plugin_HowTo for how to make plugins to
add your own readers, filters and other stuff.

Also, to get you started if you want, I threw together a little something.
I attached is some XML for creating vtkParametricFunctionSource objects in
ParaView3.
The XML gives ParaView3 the ability to choose between vtkParametricBoy,
vtkParametricConicSpiral, and vtkParametricEllipsoid.  The march snapshot of
ParaView3 doesn't add this source to the sources menu, but I was able to get
it in with a toolbar plugin almost identical to the example in the wiki.

Clint